Thursday, March 3, 2016

Accepting the Change


Look at my face. It's the face of someone deep in thought, dreaming about being on a tropical island in the Caribbean sipping from a coconut and living in a bathing suit. Okay...maybe I'm exaggerating a bit. Can you tell how excited I am for summer?  If you follow me on social media, you'll know how much I talk about loving the warm weather. I might be a winter baby born in February, but my heart and soul resides on a beach in a warm climate.
 
 
But that's not what this post is about.  Recently, I've found that I've been feeling sorry for myself too often. As you may or may not know, I've have a really difficult time making friends since moving from New Jersey to Pennsylvania. I was so excited for the move; for a new change. However, I think I set my expectations a bit too high and I thought I would make friends as easily as I did after my previous move in eighth grade. As I spend quite a lot of time by myself, I find myself thinking of the past. Thinking about the friends I left behind in my old town and how I should have put myself out there more and had a better time while I was there. If you read My Story post, you'll know that a very hard time in my life caused me to isolate myself from my friends. I find myself thinking about all the laughs and memories I've missed out on because of what I was going through. So, my old town friends, if you happen to be reading this, I am sorry that I didn't tell you what was going on at the time. Read My Story and it'll explain it all.
 
But the past is in the past, and there's nothing anyone can do to go back in time. That means there's only one thing to do...appreciate what you have now. Think about all the opportunities that new change has brought you. We all go through tough changes in our lives and wish we hadn't done it. But I am a firm believer that what's meant to happen is going to happen. Everything happens for a reason. I, and you as well if you're going through something like this too, need to put things into perspective. Think about all the amazing opportunities that change brought to you. In my case, moving to PA has allowed me the opportunity to graduate early from high school and move onto better things and get a head start on saving money and working toward my future career. It allowed me to realize that I don't have to do what everyone else is doing. I don't have to go to college just because it's the thing to do and everyone else is doing it. Like Alfie Deyes always says, "Remind yourself that you don't have to do what everyone else is doing."
 
 
So the next time you and I start to think about the past and wish we could change it, let's take a step back. Let's not dwell on how life could be had we not made that one life changing decision . Let's think about how life changed for the better rather than the worse. Let's accept the change, move on, and keep our heads high. When the right people come around, I'll make friends and I'm sure they will be great friendships. If it's not meant to be, it won't happen. Maybe there's a reason why the universe doesn't want me to have an established friend group in my junior (technically senior) year of high school. Maybe it's because everyone already has their friend group and nobody wants to befriend the new girl. Or maybe it's because people just don't want to be my friend. Whatever the reason may be, I know my time will come to make some amazing friends. I just have to stay optimistic and be sure not to isolate myself. But enough about me. What about you? What do you have to do to make sure you make the best of your situation? Do you have to forgive and forget? Or do you have to move on and rid yourself of that negativity?
 
 
 Whatever it is that you have to do to accept the change, remember that everything happens for a reason and that life will go on. Don't feel sorry for yourself like I did because it doesn't help the situation. Figure out what you need to do to make the best of the situation and be happy. Accept the change and make the best of it. Life is short and we don't have time to be dwelling on the past. Keep your head held high and remember that you are strong, beautiful, and you have a purpose. Never, ever, give up.
 
Thanks for reading and I hope my ramble has helped at least one person. It felt good to write this down in words because spending my days crying over not having friends won't actually solve the problem. Let me know in the comments if you enjoy these types of posts or if you'd rather me not ramble on about topics like this.
Much love,
Gabriella
 
Links:
 
 
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. i love your positivity and everything will work out perfect for you,i just know it will! It is a great post hunni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your sweet comment Hollie. It really means the absolute world to me! xxx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely love this, I really do enjoy those types of posts & find them very helpful! You're so right - we can't turn back time, all we can do is making the best out of every situation & focusing on the future. Your positive outlook is very inspiring & I'm sure the right people will come into your life soon. Keep doing your thing x

    Sara / AboutLittleThiings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sara! It makes me so happy that you enjoy these types of posts! I appreciate your lovely comment. xxx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig