Saturday, March 12, 2016

Hey Spring, We've Been Waiting For You


Nothing makes me happier than warm weather and sunshine. This past week has been absolutely beautiful. Blue skies and warm temperatures, I felt like nothing could bring me down. There's just something about this type of weather that puts the biggest smile on my face and makes me feel like I can conquer the world.
 
 
In addition to the positive psychological effects that this weather has on me, it also means it's time to break out the dresses, skirts, and t-shirts. Long gone are the days of having to bundle up in layers upon layers of clothes to stay warm. No more shivering and no more Rudolph noses. Spring is here, baby!
 
 
Nevertheless, it can still be a bit chilly in the mornings where I live, so I can't necessarily forgo the occasional jacket. That being said, one of my favorite pieces for this transitional season are sweater dresses. They add the perfect amount of warmth without completely covering you're entire body. I always like to pair a sweater dress with some type of boot as I feel that if you paired it with a sandal it looks a bit odd because sandals are more summer-y while sweater dresses are more of a cooler season piece.
 
 
I love the color combination of deep, emerald green and tan, so I paired my sweater dress with my favorite faux-leather chunky ankle boots. Seriously guys, you need a pair of boots like this in your life. They do wonders for your legs!
 
 
The spring season also means that I actually put more effort into what jewelry I'm wearing. (I told you the dark winter days suck the motivation out of me!) To accent the gold zipper on my boots, I went with my favorite gold chain statement necklace and a gold cuff bracelet. I think both if these accessories add the perfect touch to the outfit.

As you can see, I am totally loving this weather in this picture! Blue skies, happy lives!
 


I hope you enjoyed my first spring season post! There will be plenty more to come (once I go shopping that is!). Also, how would you feel about me posting more fitness posts on here? It could be anything from workouts, recipes, tips, and fitness clothes! Let me know in the comments because this is something I would really enjoy doing! Thanks for reading! Make sure to tag me on Instagram (@gababoutlife), tweet me a picture (@gababoutlife) or Snap me (gabby_autumn) your favorite Spring outfit! I would love to see what you are all rocking as the weather breaks!
 
Links:
 

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. love your outfit,you look amazing! Actually your style is totally awesome and i am looking forward to your next post already xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! You are too sweet, thank you so much! You have no idea how much your comments make my day! :) Thank you so much for always being so supportive. xxxx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig