Sunday, February 28, 2016

February Favorites

 
 
 
 
Well, hello there! Can you hardly believe that February is rapidly coming to an end? I sure can't. However, it's actually not a bad thing because if you follow me on social media, you'll know how much I absolutely hate the cold weather. Bring on sunshine and warmth, baby!
My school weeks have been so crammed lately with work that I barely have time to plan out what to shoot for blog posts, which is totally not okay. This blog is my child so I will definitely be squeezing in some blog post brainstorming in there.
Nevertheless, today I bring you my first ever monthly favorites blog post! I love watching monthly favorites on YouTube so I figured let's bring it to the world of blogging as well! Now, I'll admit it. I've been kind of stuck in a rut in terms of beauty products and the like, so there's not much in this post. However, I'm sure once the warmer weather comes and brings me back my motivation, I'll have much more to share. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who crawls into a shell in the winter. Let me know in the comments if you do, too!)
My favorites for this month are a pretty accurate reflection of those cold, windy, dark winter days. Hot tea, warm scarves, and dry shampoo because you're too unmotivated to wash your hair in the shower. Am I right? Or am I just the Scrooge of the winter season?
My first February favorite has got to be the one thing I cannot live without during this season. Tea. See as I am not a coffee drinker (although I really want to be! Any recommendations?) tea is my go-to. I prefer black teas as opposed to herbal teas, so my favorite is definitely English Breakfast Tea by Twinings of London. I love sipping on cup of this after my breakfast in the morning as well as right before bed. I buy the decaf one, so I'm not bouncing off the walls at ten at night. My favorite way to prepare this tea is with a little bit of natural Stevia sweetener and a dash of cashew milk. So. Good.
Dry shampoo has completely changed us girls' lives. In addition to the damaging effects of washing your hair every day, it can also be a huge pain in the booty. Thanks the hair gods for dry shampoo! I use the TRESemme Fresh Start Volumizing Dry Shampoo and I can honestly say this stuff works wonders for soaking up those extra oils in your scalp.
My skin could never survive the harsh winter without the help of lotion. I love the scents from Bath and Body Works. My favorites have got to be both the fruity ones and the vanilla scented ones. Currently I'm using the Mango Mandarin scent as it reminds me of the summer season to come.
For accessories, I've also been loving my tartan scarf from Forever 21 as it's extremely warm while still stylish. Have you ever walked outside after it's snowed and you feel like you could go blind because it's so white and bright? That's why I've been loving my gold-rimmed sunglasses from Forever 21 to shield my eyes.
As for beauty products, I've been loving these two lipsticks from Ulta. I have the shades 256 and 224. They don't have names on the packaging, which is odd; but 256 is a pink-y nude color and 224 is more of a brown-y nude color. Shade 224 resembles Kylie Jenner's Dolce K, so I highly recommend this product if you're dying to get your hands on Kylie's Lip Kit but just don't have the money.
I'm not big on perfumes because a lot of them are just too expensive, but I really love this one from Charlotte Russe. I know it's a clothing store, but their scents are quite amazing! This scent is called "Refuge" and if I could describe it, I would say it is sophisticated, yet sweet. And the best part? It was only $13! It's a win-win situation; you get to smell like a queen without breaking the bank.
There we have it! I hope you enjoyed reading about everything I've been loving this month. Let me know in the comments if you would like to continue to see more monthly favorite posts! Thanks to everyone who leaves such lovely comments on my posts. They truly do mean the world to me.
 
Much love,
Gabriella xx
 
 
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig