Friday, January 1, 2016

In 2016...


Happy New Year my lovelies! 2015 was a year full of many ups and downs, so I think it's safe to say that I am welcoming 2016 with a warm hug and an open mind. For me, 2015 could be summed up in one word: struggle.  This past year, I've struggled with a multitude of things, such as anxiety, depression, and battling an unhealthy relationship with food and exercise. However, I couldn't be more happy with the progress I've made.  I'm learning to cope with my anxiety and every day gets a bit easier.  Of course, we all have those days where it seems like nothing is going right and the world is falling apart, but we always have the opportunity to wake up the next day and start fresh.  That's the beauty of the sun setting and rising; we can all start fresh the next day.  I'm proud to say that with the help of my parents and professionals, I recovered from my eating disorder in 2015 and although I still have an unhealthy relationship with food at times, I had made some incredible strides.  I have a much happier and healthier mindset and I truly feel free from what ruined my life for so long.

 

But the past is in the past, right?  2015 is officially over and it's time to move past the struggles I've endured and focus my energy on what I want to accomplish in 2016.  In 2016, I want one thing: true happiness.  Now, this isn't something I can just wish for; I have to work for it.  True happiness comes when you put out and surround yourself with positive energy.  And that's what I want for this new year.  I will make the effort to make the best of any situation and find the positive in things that I once would have cried about.  I will make sure to surround myself with people who will build me up rather than tear me down (which is another thing I've struggled with this past year). 
 
 
Moving aside from all the sappy talk, in 2016, I also have huge goals for this blog.  I started Gab About Life about three months ago and I couldn't be more ecstatic about what I've achieved already (even if it may be miniscule compared to other bloggers).  I already have over 1,000 page views and over 100 followers on BlogLovin.  I am so excited to continue writing these blog posts and taking my photos because I truly enjoy it so much. 
 
To be completely honest, my blog gives me purpose.  Before I started, I was just a girl who went to school and the gym and that was it.  Now, I have something to live for.  This blog has been my outlet from my struggles with anxiety and depression.  I get so excited whenever I put up a new blog post and I truly adore connecting with other bloggers and being able to talk to those who have given me the inspiration to start Gab About Life.  I am so grateful to have the opportunity to create this blog because I am so passionate about blogging and helping other people. Without my blog, I wouldn't have dug myself out of the hole of struggles as quickly as I did.
 
 
In 2016, I want to continue to grow Gab About Life and inspire people that you can overcome your struggles.  You can be confident.  You can be happy.  You can be optimistic.  You can be anything you set your mind to.  You, reading this right now, have the ability to achieve whatever you desire in 2016.  As long as you work hard and stay positive, you will be successful.
 
 
Now, I wouldn't necessarily call these "resolutions" for the new year, because I am a believer in that you shouldn't have to wait for the calendar to restart to be able to make a positive change in your life.  You can change and better yourself whenever you want!  And in 2016, I want to stop "waiting until the weekend" to live my life, as this is something I did a lot this past year.  I would always wait until Friday to do the things I love and that shouldn't be how it works.  Every day counts, so make sure you do something that makes you happy every single day.
 
 
I could go on forever of all the things I want to work toward and accomplish in 2016, but I think I'll end it here.  Overall, the new year brings new opportunities, so I (and you too!) should make sure to take every chance to accomplish your goals.  Say yes more often.  Make memories. Laugh. Be yourself, work hard, and I promise you can accomplish anything you set your mind to.  Thanks for reading and I wish you a happy, healthy, and kick*ss New Year!
Much love,
Gabriella xx
 
Links:
 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Comments like this mean the absolute world to me. Thank you so much! xx

      Delete
  2. To my beautiful niece Gabriella,
    Reading your blog not only moved me but inspired me. I too know all too well what it's like to suffer from anxiety and depression. It sometimes comes on without any warning and is relentless. Sometimes draining the life out of me. After reading this post , I thought to myself, " if my 16 year old niece can see the brighter days, the better days ahead and the sunrises and sunsets, so can I !" You are an inspiration to me Gabby, and I'm grateful and blessed to have you in my life and to be able to call you my niece! Thank you! Keep up the great work not only in your personal life, but with this great blog as well! And one more thing.... Just keep doing YOU! Love you Gabby! ~~~ Aunt Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Aunt Sherry. If there's one thing I want to achieve in my life, it's to inspire people so you saying that to me literally means the world to me. Whenever I have a bad day, I always remember the quote "Bad days build better tomorrow's" There is light and we just have to do our best to stay positive! Thank you for supporting me Aunt Sherry. Love you!!!

      Delete
  3. Nicely said. You make me want to go out and run a marathon or something lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you for reading! Have a wonderful day! xxxx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig