Saturday, January 23, 2016

Summer Dreaming, Scarves, and Snow Days


 If you know anything about me, you'll know I am not a fan of cold weather.  This can definitely be a pain, especially when I'm shivering while everyone else is trying to cool themselves down.  For some odd reason, I have an increased sensitivity to any temperature below fifty degrees. Weird, much?


So while I may be smiling like a kid on Christmas Day in these pictures, I was actually holding back tears.  Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration.  But, I can say that I had to keep running back inside the warmth of my house between shots. 
As I am writing up this post, the east coast is in the midst of a snow storm.  Now, I'm not talking flurries.  I'm talking state-of-emergency-don't-leave-your-homes kind of snow storm.  Definitely not my forte. 
Nevertheless, Mother Nature has a mind of her own and nothing I do or say can change the weather.  So in the meantime, I'll just imagine myself sitting on a beach on the Gold Coast of Australia.


Maybe it's my own fault for choosing to wear a dress in the middle of winter.  But I suppose it's my inner summer-loving self dreaming of warmth and sunshine that persuades me to throw on a sweater dress during the winter months. 
This is an outfit I definitely see myself wearing to an afternoon brunch with some friends or a trip to a coffee shop.  There's just something about this outfit that screams, "Even though it's not summer I still want to look good and not like I'm crying icicles on the inside." Okay, well maybe you hear something else...
If you are as daring (or crazy) like me and opt for a dress in the winter, the biggest tip I can give to stay warm is layering. I adore this tartan scarf from Forever 21 because it's warm and fluffy; exactly what I need for those chilly months. 
Temperatures like this would typically call for my marshmallow-like ski coat; however, they aren't always the most flattering.  That's why I love this camel coat because it's warm and stylish.  What more could you ask for?
Oh, and before you ask...I wasn't praying in the picture below haha. I had just finished blowing warm air into my hands.  I told you I was cold!

To cover up more skin, I paired this outfit with my latest obsession: knee-high boots.  If you're read my posts before, I'm sure you know that these are from Forever 21.  But honestly, where else would they be from? I told you, I am practically a walking Forever 21 advertisement!  For accessories, I went with a neutral handbag because I really wanted the focus of the outfit to be on the emerald green color from the sweater dress along with the pops of red in the scarf.  How stunning is this Celine look-a-like? 
 
And that's a wrap...literally!  I'm currently sat at my desk wrapped up in a furry blanket wondering when this snow will take a chill pill. 
Before I forget; I will be (hopefully!) purchasing my very own Olympus Pen E-PL7 after months of gawking at other lovely owners of this camera.  That being said, would you like a full review of the camera once I get it? If so, leave me a comment below or tweet me (@gababoutlife) if you'd want to see that!  Also, if you have any suggestions for blog posts you would like me to do, don't hesitate! Thanks for reading!
Much love,
Gabriella
 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig