Tuesday, December 29, 2015

My Go-To Healthy Recipe


Have you ever been hungry but just can't be bothered to take the time to cook?  If you're human, I'm sure you have.  While it can be nice to take the time to create a delicious meal, not everyone has to time to spend over an hour cooking a decent meal.  That's why I decided to share my go-to healthy recipe that literally takes 10 minutes to make if you pre-roast the butternut squash.  That being said, if you want a healthy, delicious, and quick meal that you can have at any time of the day, keep on reading!

For this recipe, you will need:

-*Roasted Butternut Squash (See my Healthy Butternut Squash 'Fries' post)
-Kale (Spinach works great, too!)
-Eggs (however many you desire)
-Grape tomatoes
-Feta cheese
-Oil of choice (I used olive oil but coconut oil would be amazing)
-Spices (I used sea salt and pepper)
*The roasted butternut squash takes about an hour to make, so my tip is to cook a big batch and keep the rest in the fridge so you can just pop them on your plate whenever you make this recipe!

First, you'll want to heat up your oil of choice in a pan and once it is hot, add your kale and let that sautée on low heat whilst you cook the eggs.

I opted for fried eggs, but you could cook your eggs however you want!  Here, I just cracked two whole eggs into my pan with a little bit of olive oil.



While your eggs are cooking, I added some halved grape tomatoes to the kale that has been sautéeing along with sea salt and pepper to taste.


After the eggs are done cooking, the kale and grape tomatoes will be done as well, and that's it!  Now you'll want to assemble everything together.  But don't forget to add the roasted butternut squash and feta cheese! 


I absolutely love the combination of all these flavors.  The eggs and kale add a savory taste while the roasted butternut squash give a perfect touch of sweetness.  As you can see, this recipe requires hardly any work at all!  The butternut squash is really the only time-consuming part of this entire recipe, so like I said before, whip up a batch of this Sunday night so it's all ready to go for the week ahead!  I hope you enjoy this delicious and nutritious meal as much as I do!  If you decide to make this recipe, be sure to send me a snap, tweet me, or tag me on Instagram so I can see your beautiful recreations of this recipe!  Thanks for reading!
 
Much love,
Gabriella xx 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig