Thursday, January 14, 2016

A Look Inside My Handbag

Here's a little unknown fact about me when I was little...I used to collect purses.  Yup, you read correctly.  For some reason, I was utterly obsessed with purses of all shapes, sizes, and colors.  Walking around the mall with my mom, I would pinch her and say, "Mom, look at her purse! I like that one!"  Five minutes later, "Mom! That one's pretty, too!"  I remember dreaming of the day when I would be old enough to carry a big-girl purse with a wallet, sunglasses, makeup, and everything in-between.  Well, that time has finally come and after years of waiting to own the perfect handbag, I've finally found the one.


And nope, that's not a designer handbag. Surely, it looks very similar to the oh-so-famous Celine bag selling for a whopping $3000! *faints*
But it's not.  If you've been reading my blog, you can probably take one guess as to where this bag is from.  Yup, Forever 21.  And it definitely didn't cost me that much money.  For only $32, you can pick up this beauty and not completely break the bank.  Well, what are you waiting for?  Go treat yourself to this stunning handbag!


Alright, now it's time for the good stuff.  The three most used items in my handbag are my wallet (maybe that's not such a good thing) my planner, and my portable phone charger.  I picked up this gorgeous blush colored wallet from Charlotte Russe. My favorite thing about this wallet is that if I am running into a shop real quick and don't feel like taking my purse in, I can wrap this around my wrist and I'm good to go! My "Carpe That Diem" journal has been my best friend recently. Personally, I prefer to write things down on paper rather than on my phone so if a blog post idea pops up when I'm out, I can quick jot it down and don't have to worry about forgetting it.  I don't think I have to go into much detail about my portable phone charger because I'm pretty late to the game on that one!


Ah, makeup.  One of the best things a girl can have in her handbag. There's nothing like that wave of relief that you feel knowing you have concealer and powder in your bag when your acne acts up or you look like an oil machine. Here's a few makeup products I'm sure to keep in my bag at all times: a mirror, Maybelline Fit Me concealer, Rimmel Long Lasting Pressed Powder with a mini e.l.f. powder brush, Maybelline Brow Precise pencil, chap-stick, and L'Oréal nude lipstick in #370. If I've got these products in my bag, I can take on the world without having to worry about messing up my makeup!  Plus, how cute is that mini Kabuki brush?


Next up are my so-called "life essentials".  You know, the stuff your mom used to carry around in her purse for you in case something happened when you were out and about.  For me, these consist of: Band-Aid's, hair ties, a nail filer/clipper, tissues, oil-blotting sheets, and (sorry boys!) a pad.  You never know when you'll get sick of your hair in your face, your nails chip, or that time of the month comes too soon.  Hey, better safe than sorry!


And lastly, the final essentials in my purse are: scissors, gum, headphones, hand sanitizer, clothing tape, and... a sponge? That's right! That dirty thing right there (typical makeup explosion in my makeup bag) is something that's saved me quite a few times.  You know when you apply deodorant only to put on your shirt and it's all over the place? Not a problem when you've got one of these with you! It takes the deodorant stain right off your shirt like nothing ever happened. I'm not entirely sure as to where I got this from because it was quite some time ago, but you can get one on Amazon for super cheap!


And that's everything I keep in my handbag! (Well, minus the gum wrappers...but I don't think you guys want to see that!)  I hope you liked this post and be sure to let me know what you guys keep in your handbags!  I still have some room to fill in this bag, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks for reading and I hope you're all doing well!
 
Much love,
Gabriella xx
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. I love your handbag. It's quite similar to my sisters, although she got her's online a while back. Believe it or not, I never carry my makeup around with me. Thinking about it now, I should do as I always complain if my eyeliner fades or I need to top up on my concealer.

    www.itsmeganelizabeth.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Megan! I used to never carry makeup with me either. That was, until I was at the mall one day and my face had gotten super oily. Now, I never leave without my purse and makeup essentials! Thanks for reading. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed every bit of your article.

    ReplyDelete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig