Sunday, January 10, 2016

Have Your Cookies and Eat Them, Too



Soft, chewy, and tasty, cookies are surely hard to resist.  I mean, how can you say no to a gooey chocolate chip cookie or a cinnamon-y snickerdoodle cookie?  And don't even get me started on Oreos...
However, if your trying to keep your body in check and fuel it with the best possible nutrient-dense foods, cookies don't necessarily make the cut.  But what if I told you that I have for you a healthy, protein-packed cookie that doesn't even count as a treat meal?  Would you jump for joy?  I certainly did!


This healthy protein cookie is the perfect alternative to you typical sugar-laden cookies.  Using protein powder, pumpkin puree, egg whites, and few other add-ins, this recipe is completely guilt free! Now, I'm not going to lie to you and say this tastes exactly like a regular cookie, but it's enough to settle that sweet tooth that we all try so hard to ignore. Well, now you can answer your sweet tooth's calls with this healthy cookie!  Alright, now you're probably saying to yourself, "Shut up and give us the recipe girl!" I totally understand. I would be that excited, too.
(*Note: The cookie "dough" more resembles that of a pancake batter as there is no flour, so I will be referencing it as "batter" instead. )

Ingredients:
-1 scoop protein powder of your choice (I used Snickerdoodle from PEScience)
-3/4 cup pumpkin puree (about 55 grams)
-1.5 Tablespoon pudding mix (I used sugar free, fat free chocolate)
-1 egg white
-3 Tablespoons milk of choice (I used almond milk)
-1/2 teaspoon baking powder
-Sweetener of choice (I used Stevia)


First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (about 175 degrees Celsius) and let that heat up whilst you make the cookie batter. Next, you're going to want to chuck everything into a bowl.  Okay, well maybe not chuck everything randomly.  You'll want to measure out everything above and add all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl first.  Then, add in all the wet ingredients (I find adding them in this order makes it easier to mix but whatever suits your fancy!).  Next, mix it all up. Oh, and if you are looking for a killer arm workout, this will definitely check that box.



I'm aware that the above pictures look very disgusting, but I assure you these cookies taste good once their finished!  Alright, next you'll want to scoop out the batter with a tablespoon and plop them on a non-stick baking pan.  This recipe makes about ten to twelve cookies if you make them the size of a golf ball, so if you want smaller or bigger cookies, then adjust accordingly!


Hopefully the oven should be preheated by now, so stick your cookie sheet into the oven and let it bake for 20 minutes.  After the 20 minutes are up, do the trick where you stick a toothpick in the cookie to make sure it's all baked properly! If not, stick them back in for five more minutes until they are done.

 
How good do those look?! And if you're like me and one cookie is never enough, this entire batch is  equivalent in energy (calories) to about two regular cookies!  Yup, you heard me right. Twelve healthy protein cookies versus two not-so-healthy regular cookies.  I don't know about you, but I'd much rather eat twelve cookies that provide me with protein and fiber rather than two regular cookies filled with unhealthy sugars and fats.  (Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoy regular cookies on special occasions because life is all about balance, am I right?!)


If you try out this recipe (which I totally recommend you do) be sure to tweet, Snapchat, or tag me on Instagram so I can see! This recipe was adapted by @kimhoeltje on Instagram and she has a bunch of healthy alternatives to all our favorite desserts/treats so definitely give her some love!  I hope you enjoy this recipe and let me know what you think about my recipe posts and if you'd like to see something else! Thanks for reading!
 
Much love,
Gabriella xx
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. These actually look really nice! I don't know how I would find them though being the really big fussy eater that I am x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was skeptical when I first tried them too. But they are actually so delicious! I was really surprised! If you decide to try them out, let me know if you liked them! Thank you for checking out my blog, it means a lot! xx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig