Friday, February 5, 2016

In the Springtime of Life








Ah! It's my birthday! Shoutout to my amazing mother for giving birth to me a whole seventeen years ago. I honestly cannot believe that I am 17 years old today. It seems like just yesterday I was in competitive cheerleading performing to thousands of people and in elementary school without a care in the world. No stress, just fun. Ah, those were the days. 
Despite it being inevitable that we all have to age, being young at heart is a personal choice.  And this is something that I've always paid attention to even since I hit the teenage years.  Have you ever heard the song, "Forever Young" by Alphaville? I first heard this song when I saw One Direction's X Factor performance of this song and ever since then, a few lyrics have stuck by me.
             
               Youth is like diamonds in the sun,
               And diamonds are forever.
 
I get chills just typing those lyrics because there is just something about that comparison to youth and everlasting diamonds that pull at my heart.  You have the power to be forever young no matter how old you are. You could be seventeen, thirty, sixty, or eighty; it doesn't matter. You have the choice to carry on a youthful soul throughout your entire life.  Let go, be free, laugh, sing, dance, travel, watch SpongeBob Squarepants. It doesn't matter. Just do something, anything to keep your soul youthful and light. Youth is eternal; and only you can decide to continue to live in the springtime of life.
 
 
Thanks for reading and thank you to everyone who leaves such sweet comments on my posts. You all have no idea how much your support and kind words mean to me.
 
Much love,
Gabriella xx

Links:
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Happy Birthday gorgeous !
    I love the song forever young <3
    By the way your blog is amazing xx

    http://mytwistofstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Ashwini! It honestly means the world to me that you enjoy my blog! I'll definitely give your blog a look as well! :) And I'm happy to hear you enjoy that song as well! It's an old one, but definitely a classic. xxx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig