Thursday, November 26, 2015

More Than the Turkey

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow Americans!  And happy...um....Thursday to all you other lovely people! 
 
For some, this day is symbolic of merely the food.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and corn.  But for many others, today is the day of thanks.  Today is the day where we raise our glasses not to the sweet smell of pumpkin pie baking in the oven, but for the people, places, and memories that have impacted our lives.  Okay, well maybe we do toast to the food set on the dinner table because we are fortunate enough to have access to the food we do.  However, the tradition of this holiday is for recognizing the things we are grateful for.  So here's a few of mine.


 
Firstly, I am thankful for my life. You're probably saying, "Well, duh!"  But I say this because without my life, I simply could not list everything else I am grateful for.  I am thankful for my family.  The people who never cease to support me and lend me a hand in every tough situation.  I am thankful for my friends.  Now while I can't say I have a close knit group of friends at the moment, I am thankful for my amazing friends that I've had throughout my life and the blossoming friendships to come.

Moving past the obvious people that I am incredibly appreciative of, I am also thankful for everyone I follow on social media.  Yes, I am thankful for social media.  Now I know there had been a lot of controversy recently about social media being 'fake', but the people I choose to follow on social media have inspired me in so many ways.  For example, all the amazing bloggers that I follow inspired me to finally start on my own blogging journey after not having the courage to do so before.  The YouTubers and vloggers I watch daily have inspired me to get out, try new things, and be adventurous with my own self.
 

 Before this list gets too long, (because trust me I could go on for days), I am thankful for the five boys who have helped me through so many bumps in my life and have brought me so much happiness in dark times. The boys who never fail to put a smile on my face or make me laugh until I cry.  The boys who taught me that hard work reaps success and to surround yourself with people who understand you.  The boys who provided me with friendships with people in my own town and even people all around the world.  I am thankful for Louis, Liam, Niall, Harry, and Zayn.  (Disclaimer: I apologize to the people who don't care for them as I've written a whole paragraph about them, but I mean every word.  They really have helped me in more ways I thought five boys who don't even know I exist could.)


 Alright, enough of the sappy stuff. Let's move on to the outfit.  This Thanksgiving I went for a gorgeous tartan dress from Forever 21 (I've searched high and low for the link; but a similar one is here) paired with sheer black tights to help brace me in the cold.  My black ankle boots are from H&M and have quickly become a staple in my wardrobe.  This stunning black pea coat is a hand-me-down, but you can find a similar one here. 

This was quite a different post for me as I wanted the focus to be more on my writing because I feel so strongly about today's content. I wish everyone a lovely Thanksgiving or Thursday afternoon and be sure to let me know what YOU are thankful for.
 
Much love,
Gabriella xx
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love the outfit! You have such a lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, hank you so much! That means a lot to me :) xx

      Delete
    2. Haha oops, meant to write "thank" :)

      Delete
  2. love your dress and your boots,it is a gorgeous outfit Gabriella and i must say,i really like your style! Best wishes from Dublin hunni xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Hollie! It truly means the world to me that you took the time to check out my blog. And it was lovely chatting to you on Twitter :) Have a lovely day! xx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig