Sunday, November 15, 2015

Adjusting to Shortcomings


There is always something good that comes out of every bad situation. Whether that'd be a lesson learned, a mistake you know not to make again, or a person you agree not to trust again.
With the intention to use my tripod to capture today's outfit photos, I was disappointed to find that it flat-out sucks.  For some reason, the platform does not want to stay upright (does this make sense?)  Even if you don't know what I'm talking about, the point is that my photo shoot didn't go the way I anticipated.  But you know what?  There was nothing I could do to change the situation as that tripod is over 10 years old.  Instead of packing up my things and getting frustrated at this situation, I found an alternative.  As I looked around my surroundings, I noticed all the different trees with their many branches.  Hmmm.  Do you know where I'm going with this?

I marched my freezing butt over to the best looking tree and propped my camera on the brand where a destroyed bird's nest once was.  I adjusted my camera to get my body in the frame, and snapped away.

Moral of this post is that you can't let shortcomings make you give up or quit.  Find a different alternative or option.  We are only human and we can't control everything (although I know most of us wish we could).  Certain things are out of our reach to control and we have to accept that.  Life will so much less stressful if we just learn to let some of control go, something I'm still learning myself.

October surely flew by fast and I'm welcoming November and the holiday season with open arms.  Happy November from my beautiful dog and I!
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. What a lovely message, beautiful foliage and a lovely outfit. Love this post! xx, adaatude.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! Learning to let go of the things out of my control is something that I've struggled with in the past, but I have really come to learn now. Thanks again lovely! xx

      Delete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig