Friday, September 30, 2016

Transition Your Summer Wardrobe to the Autumnal Season



A few years back, I firmly believed that one must have distinct clothes for each of the four seasons and that wearing one season's clothes during the next season was against the rules. I now really wonder, where the heck did I get this "rule" from and what in the world I was thinking? As a young adult who now understands the value of money, I quickly realized that this was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and that it is so incredibly important to have pieces in your wardrobe that can be transitioned into the changing seasons.



In today's post, I want to share with you guys different pieces of clothing that can be styled from the summer to autumn season and how you can make the most of your wardrobe.

SHORTS:
Depending on where you live, the months of September and October can still bring some warmer temperatures. That being said, I still think you can get away with wearing shorts in the early autumn season. Here, I am wearing these super comfortable (yet classy!) silky shorts that I got quite a while ago from T.J. Maxx. I love the pleating on these shorts and the clever belt that you can tie into a bow. (Here are a similar pair I found for a great price!) Worst case scenario, you can always pop a pair of tights underneath to keep warm while still getting more use out of your summer shorts.
 
THIN CROPPED SWEATERS:
I am a massive fan of cropped sweaters and I'm not exactly sure why I am so obsessed with them. Nevertheless, if you've got yourself a quite thin cropped sweater, you can totally transition it into the autumn season. Throw over top a leather jacket or thin cardigan and you've got yourself a perfect autumnal outfit while getting the most out of your summer wardrobe. (Link to a similar cropped sweater to mine can be found here.)
 
DRESSES:
Who says you can't wear dresses even once the temperature drops? To style dress in the autumn, here are my top tips:
1.Tights- Like I mentioned before about pairing tights underneath shorts, this is also a great idea when trying to make the most of those cute summer dresses hanging in your closet.
2. Knee High Boots-Pairing knee high boots with a dress provides more skin coverage to shield you from the cooler temperatures. (Plus, wearing tall boots with a shorter dress creates the illusion of longer legs!)
Though I haven't styled a summer dress for the autumn season in this post, I can definitely do that if you guys want me to (leave a comment below or tweet me @gabbyautumnx).
 
 
 
 
 
Hope you enjoyed this type of how-to post rather than me just rambling about stuff! How do you transition your summer wardrobe to the autumnal season?
Thanks for reading!
Much love,
Gabriella xx
 
Link to my necklace (USE CODE GABI20 FOR 20% OFF!): http://www.mirinacollections.com/collections/all-famous-necklaces/products/erin
 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Though we can't quite get away with shorts during autumn in London, I do try and wear skirts before the temperature drops to -1000'c as they just look so cute with knit jumpers!
    Knee boots are a must, I wear them with practically every outfit!

    Lovely post!
    http://www.greenteavogueandme.com

    Maija Lily Xx

    ReplyDelete

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig