Monday, June 20, 2016

A Week Of My Workouts & Updates on Life!

Hey loves! I'm finally back to blogging after about a month off. Now, I feel like I owe you guys an explanation about why I've been absent for a bit before we get into the purpose of this post.
As you may or may not know (I've talked about it on my Instagram @gabriella.autumn) I've been struggling a bit for the past few months or so. In a nutshell, I gained about twenty-five pounds over the course of about seven months due to taking antidepressants/anxiety medication. Obviously no one likes to see that they've gained weight, but what really messed with my mind is that it all happened in such a short amount of time and especially because I was working out even harder than I was before and watching my diet with a microscope (not actually, just a figure of speech). On top of that, I was (and still am) dealing with a million and one symptoms resembling a condition where my thyroid is not working properly. Nevertheless, I've finally learned that my life doesn't have to come to a halt just because I'm not feeling too hot, which is why I am happy to be back. Now, lets get on with the content you really came here for!

I am a fitness freak; a gym rat if you will. If I could have it my way, I would find a job that pays me to work out. I know, crazy right? 
I decided that as my first post back from my short break, I would share with you all a week of my workouts in hopes to motivate and inspire at least ONE person to make a change for their mind, body, and confidence. Keep in mind that I try to mix up my workouts every few weeks or so because like my dad always says, you're body will become accustomed to the workouts if you continue doing them for too long. If you would like me to post a video showing you what each exercise is on my Instagram, be sure to let me know in the comments so I can do that! Without further adieu, let's get into it!

Monday
Monday is the first 'real' day of the week, which is why it is so important to start off your workouts strong so that you stay motivated for the rest of the week. Typically, Monday's workout looks a little something like this:

- Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide: Legs and Cardio: The Bikini Body Guides (a.k.a BBG) are a workout program that follows a circuit type of routine in which you perform four different exercises however many times you can in seven minutes. There are two circuits, and you repeat the entire thing again totaling to a 28 minute workout. (So you'll do Circuit One for seven minutes, then Circuit Two for seven minutes, and then repeat the whole thing one more time.)

-Hamstrings, Glutes and Shoulders: Being the BBG workout includes plenty of exercises that work the quadricep muscle, I'll move onto the other two major leg muscles: your hamstrings and glutes. Do not be afraid to lift weights ladies. I PROMISE that they will NOT make you look like a man or be too bulky. If you are really concerned, keep your reps between 12-15 for about three to four sets. 

For hamstrings, I like to do: single leg RDL's, stiff leg deadlifts, and the hamstring curl machine. Glutes usually consists of glue kickbacks and split squats. For shoulders, I usually either do sitting shoulder presses with dumbbells or standing shoulder presses using a barbell, lateral raises and upright rows.

Tuesday

- 45 minutes on any form of cardio machine (incline walk on the treadmill, Stairmaster, or elliptical depending on how sore I am)
-Back, Biceps and Ab workout: This workout typically consists of assisted pull ups (still working on being able to do these unassisted!), lat pull downs, wide grip rows, cross cable reverse flys, back extensions, bicep curls, hanging ab raises, and lots and lots of planks!

Wednesday

- Bikini Body Guide (BBG) Arms and Abs
-Chest and Triceps: bench press using dumbbells or smith machine, chest flys, incline chest press, tricep extensions, and tricep pushdowns

Thursday

- 45 minutes of intervals on any cardio machine (i.e. 30sec sprint/ 1 min walking on treadmill or Level 10 for 1 min/ Level 5 for 30 sec on Stairmaster, etc.)
-Leg day including quadriceps exercises such as squats

Friday

-BBG Full Body
- Shoulders and Abs

Saturday

- 45 minutes low intensity cardio
-Back and Biceps

Sunday

REST DAY WOO!

Note: It is so important that you take at LEAST one rest day a week to give your body and muscles a chance to recover. 

I hope you enjoyed my first post back and please please leave any blog post suggestions down in the comments! Thanks for reading!
Much love,
Gabriella xx

*Disclaimer: I am not a certified personal trainer and am not claiming that this is the only way to workout. I am just sharing what I do in hopes to give people who do not know what to do some inspiration. You do NOT have to do my exact workout because this is what works for ME. Find what works best for you and don't worry about what everyone else is doing. As long as you are doing what makes you feel good and what works for you, than that's all that matters.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© GAB About Life. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig